ThisFish Inc. is a purpose-driven technology company seeking to transform global seafood supply chains to make them more traceable and transparent. We are doing this by leveraging the latest in software and hardware technologies to transform a 2,000+ year old industry. We are starting with seafood factories, the most critical nodes in global supply chains.
We are a globally distributed, multicultural team that is very inclusive and we love the impact we are striving to achieve. We want people who are self-motivated and creative problem-solvers. Passion for technology and impact is also important. We promote employment equity and encourage applicants regardless of culture, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or other marginalized status.
ThisFish Inc. has developed Tally software for seafood factories that digitizes their production, quality control and traceability data in real-time on the factory floor using tablets and IoT devices. We are seeking a combination support and software engineer to help us scale our technology in Ecuador, Latin America and around the world. You will provide technical support especially writing SQL queries to configure reports and dashboards and also provide software development, especially integrating our software with ERP and accounting software. This position is based in Ecuador.
1. Configure traceability and production software to match workflows and data collection in seafood factories and be able to lead a customer configuration within 90 days.
- Help translate existing factory workflows and paper forms into software
- Configure JSON schemas to generate digital forms and workflows in software
- Configure labels using ZPL command language for printers
- Configure IoT edge devices to integrate hardware such as weigh scales and scanners into software.
2. Write advanced SQL queries to configure customized dashboards and reports for traceability and production software in seafood factories.
- Collect specifications for customized dashboards and reports
- Write advanced SQL queries that pulls data from multiple sources in the database
- Work with embedded JSON to perform complex calculations
3. In collaboration with our Lead Software Developer, write software code and develop software integrations using APIs.
- Breakdown features into tasks and estimate time for completion
- Collect specifications from custom on integrating with ERP and accounting software using APIs
- Help troubleshoot and fix bugs
- Work on new product features
4. Work remotely in a distributed, multicultural team contributing to company strategy, culture and product roadmap.
- Proactive communication to facilitate strong team collaboration across time zones.
- Contribute thoughtfully to team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Knowledge of Spanish, Thai or Vietnamese is considered advantageous.
- 30% Software configuration
- 30% SQL queries
- 20% software integrations
- 20% software feature development
- Creative problem-solver
- Proactive and Assertive at times
- Diplomatic / Respectful
- Results-driven / deadline focused
- Detail oriented
- Leads through example
- Confident and humble
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in multi-functional, multicultural team
- A good listener and empathetic
- Strong at execution
- Ability to develop, execute and iterate on processes to improve scalability
- Proficiency at software configuration
- Ability to think abstractly, especially translating physical workflows into software design