DIGITAL CONTENT MARKETING INTERN
ThisFish Inc. is a purpose-driven technology company seeking to transform global seafood supply chains to make them more traceable and transparent. We are doing this by leveraging the latest in software and hardware technologies to transform a 2,000+ year old industry. We are starting with seafood factories, the most critical nodes in global supply chains.
We are a globally distributed, multicultural team that is very inclusive and we love the impact we are striving to achieve. We want people who are self-motivated and creative problem-solvers. Passion for technology and impact is also important. We promote employment equity and encourage applicants regardless of culture, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or other marginalized status.
You are creative, an excellent communicator, and want to be part of an exceptional team at ThisFish – a world leader in seafood traceability and production software. As a Digital Content Marketing Intern, you will contribute to our content marketing & lead-generation process in which we attract, nurture and track new prospects and existing clients into our sales and marketing funnel. You will help maintain the foundation that supports our content marketing activities, and gain experience using digital marketing tools like HubSpot, Campaign Monitor, Unbounce, and more. You will possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a strong attention to detail. You should possess the ability to develop, execute, and maintain a content and digital strategy across the marketing mix including marketing automation, email marketing, content development, social media, lead nurture campaigns, and webinar marketing.
This intership is for a duration of up to five months.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute ThisFish content marketing strategy and in-bound lead generation programs
- Develop, produce, maintain and distribute a wide variety of marketing content (newsletters, blogs, brochures, white papers, presentations, case studies, best practices guides, etc.) with the purpose of generating new sales leads and establishing thought leadership
- Support ThisFish marketing automation roadmap, utilizing tools such as Hubspot, Campaign Monitor, Unbounce, Google Analytics, WordPress and others
- Grow and manage our lead database and deepen our relationships with current prospects and customers through a broad range of online and offline campaigns
- Outline, research, and write impactful and engaging content pieces, working closely with ThisFish thought leaders and industry experts
- Identify opportunities for content syndication and demand generation, working closely with ThisFish stakeholders
- Increase social network awareness and followers
- Develop and implement metrics, goals and analysis to ensure activity is positive and measurable
- This internship is being funded through Digital Skills 4 Youth. Job applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Interns must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Interns must be under 30 years.
- Interns must be unemployed, underemployed or hold part-time employment.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Exceptional English language writing and proof-reading skills. Preference is given to candidates with a formal writing, business communication, or related academic background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate marketing messages and technical concepts through various channels to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; work may be remote.
- Interest and exposure to inbound marketing strategies that include marketing automation tools, email, web, mobile and social media
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) a huge asset
- Experience with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Hootsuite
- General understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Social Media channels and monitoring tools
- Creative problem-solver
- Proactive and Assertive at times
- Diplomatic / Respectful
- Results-driven / deadline focused
- Detail oriented
- Leads through example
- Confident and humble
- Deep analytical and statistical skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in multi-functional, multicultural team
- A good listener and empathetic
- Strong at execution
HOW TO APPLY: Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com